Mining in the Kinsman Quadrangle
Mining in this quadrangle began in 1922 at what was then called the Verona Mine (mine index 2339). This mine closed in 1930, then operating as the Sunlight No. 7 Mine. The Wright Brothers Mine (mine index 530) opened the following year after constructing a slope down to the old workings of the Sunlight No. 7 Mine and also constructing an air shaft in one of the rooms of the abandoned mine. This mine operated north of the old mine, and closed in 1940. Both of these mines worked in the Herrin Coal, which was quite thick in this area, averaging seven feet thick and ranging up to eight feet. With the closing of the Verona Mine (mine index 530) mining in this quadrangle ended.