- Mine Subsidence in Illinois: Facts for Homeowners – Circular 569, 2013, 9 MB PDF file
- Planned Coal Mine Subsidence in Illinois: A Public Information Booklet – Circular 573, 2008, 3 MB PDF file
- The Proximity of Underground Mines – This study provides maps and statistics per county on the proximity of both coal and non-coal underground-mined areas to urban development:Circular 575 - Report 1 MB PDF file,Circular 575 - Appendix 2 (Page-size county maps) 85 MB PDF file
Out of Print
- C/G 1982-2 Geologic Investigation of Roof and Floor Strata: Longwall Demonstration, Old Ben Mine No. 24. 1982. 49 p. 28 figs. 3 tbls
- C/G 1983-7 Identification of Mine Subsidence on Aerial Photographs in Central Illinois. 1983. 31p.
Environmental Geology Notes
- EG 144 Mine Subsidence in Illinois: Facts for Homeowners. 1992.
Open File Series Reports
- OFS 1989-2 Evaluation of the Potential for Damage from Subsidence of Underground Mines in Illinois. 1989. 246 p.
- OFS 1997-7 (IMSRP X) Final Report of Subsidence Investigations at the Rend Lake Site, Jefferson County, Illinois 1997. 38p.
- OFS 1997-9 (IMSRP XI) Final Report of Subsidence Investigations at the Galatia Site, Saline County, Illinois 1997. 59p.