Mining in the Mulberry Grove Quadrangle
The Smithboro Mine (mine index 2004), last operated by the Mississippi Valley Colliery Company, was the only mine known to have operated in the quadrangle. The mine opened in 1885, mining the Herrin Coal until 1909. The Coal Section mine notes indicate a second seam may have been mined, but no maps of the workings have been found to confirm this.
Map and Directory PDF Download
Mines that Appear on the Mulberry Grove Quadrangle
This category currently contains no pages or media.