Mining in the Stonington Quadrangle
Only one mine is known to have operated near the town of Stonington. The Stonington Coal Company started mining in 1905 in the ilstrat:Herrin coal seam, at a depth of 460 feet. The [[ilstrat:2660|Herrin coal, which averaged 7 feet in thickness, proved a good seam to work. In 1915, the mine became the Peabody Coal Company No. 21 mine, and it operated until 1924.
Map and Directory PDF Download
Mines that Appear on the Stonington Quadrangle
Pages in category "Stonington Quadrangle"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Stonington Quadrangle"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.