Mining in the Willeys Quadrangle
Only one mine is known to have operated in this quadrangle. The Stonington Coal Company started mining in 1905 in the Herrin coal seam, at a depth of 460 feet. The Herrin coal, which averaged 7 feet in thickness, proved a good seam to work. In 1915, the mine was bought by Peabody Coal Company to become their Peabody No. 21 Mine, and it operated until 1924.
Map and Directory PDF Download
Mines that Appear on the Willeys Quadrangle
Pages in category "Willeys Quadrangle"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Willeys Quadrangle"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.